- Patient Care: Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients in the General Ward, including assessments, administering medications, and performing necessary treatments as per physician orders.
- Monitoring: Monitor and record patients’ vital signs, changes in condition, and response to treatments. Promptly report any concerns to the healthcare team.
- Wound Care: Perform wound dressings and manage post-operative care for patients, ensuring proper hygiene and infection control.
- Medication Administration: Administer medications accurately and safely, adhering to hospital protocols and the “Five Rights” of medication administration.
- Patient Education: Educate patients and their families about their medical conditions, treatments, and self-care measures for a smooth recovery.
- Collaborative Care: Work closely with the healthcare team, including physicians, fellow nurses, and allied health professionals, to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Discharge Planning: Assist in discharge planning and ensure that patients receive appropriate post-discharge instructions and follow-up care.
- Infection Control: Follow strict infection control measures to prevent the spread of infections within the General Ward.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and detailed patient records, documenting all assessments, treatments, and interventions in the electronic health record system.
- Quality Improvement: Contribute to quality improvement initiatives, actively seeking ways to enhance patient care and safety in the General Ward.
- BSc Nursing/GNM – 0-2 years’ experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with a focus on patient-centered care.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Compassionate and empathetic approach towards patients and their families.
Flexibility to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.