Position: Medical ICU Staff
• Patient Care: Provide specialized care to critically ill patients admitted to the Medical ICU. Monitor patient vital signs, administer medications, and perform necessary interventions as per physician orders and established protocols.
• Clinical Assessments: Conduct comprehensive assessments of patients’ conditions, promptly identifying any changes or deteriorations. Collaborate with the medical team to develop and adjust individualized treatment plans.
• Ventilator Management: Proficiently manage ventilated patients, ensuring appropriate settings, monitoring, and adjusting ventilator parameters to optimize patient outcomes.
• Multidisciplinary Collaboration: Work closely with physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare professionals to deliver seamless and coordinated patient care.
• Emergency Response: Participate in medical emergencies and code situations, providing timely and life-saving interventions to stabilize patients.
• Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, documenting assessments, interventions, and responses to treatments in the electronic health record system.
• Infection Control: Adhere to strict infection control measures to prevent the spread of infections within the MICU.
• Family Support: Communicate with patients’ families, providing updates on patient status and offering emotional support during critical times.
• Training and Education: Participate in ongoing training and educational opportunities to stay abreast of advancements in critical care practices and technologies.
• Quality Improvement: Engage in continuous quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care and optimize MICU processes.
• BSc Nursing/GNM – 0-2 years’ experience
• Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
• Flexibility to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.