• The Maintenance Workers work will consist of maintenance throughout the hospital
• There will be work allotted that would require multiple different skills.
• The Maintenance Worker will be required to carry out boiler alarm tests, water tests and portable appliance testing (elect).
• The Maintenance Worker will be proficient in the use of all workshop equipment.
• The Maintenance Worker will be required to perform routine and non routine work.
• The Maintenance Worker will carry out maintenance and repairs of drains and sanitary ware, guttering and downpipes etc, and ensure plant rooms, workshops are kept in a safe and tidy condition.
• The Maintenance Worker will plan and organize his/her daily work and coordinate with other members of the department and hospital staff.
• Clearing blockages in bedpan macerators, sinks, drains and toilets.
• Accurate reporting of defects on a weekly basis to Facility In charge clearly stating and highlighting faults and potential problems. There is a planned preventative system in operation to which the Maintenance Worker takes an active role.
• ITI Course to be completed.
• Communication Skills