- Provides information, training, guidance and support for prevention and control of infection within the hospital.
- Responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of Hospital Acquired infections; educating employees about infection control and ensuring the implementation of various infection control policies in the hospital.
- Plan, organize, develop and implement educational programs for all hospital employees including administrative and ancillary services and skills to increase employee awareness of existence of HAIs, techniques for avoidance and preventive measures to provide a safe environment for hospital employees and patients.
- Supervises the maintenance of the established protocols for infection prevention e.g. isolation procedures, hand washing techniques used, the use of hand rub, change of IV set, change of central line dressing, availability of supplies, terminal cleaning of a unit and disinfection of equipment etc. in the hospital.
- Corrects and teaches staff whenever the need arises during rounds. E.g. proper use of gloves, improper handling of equipment, practice of aseptic precautions etc.
- The staff should be informed about the steps to be taken in case of an accidental needle stick injury and the availability of hepatitis vaccination.
- Everyday rounds in the entire hospital and report the issues.
- Collects data-pertaining to c/s reports from the microbiology department.
Keeps track of all patient with
- Intravascular catheters
- Urinary catheters
- Medical/surgical wounds
- Instrumentation of respiratory tract (ET tubes, tracheostomy tubes)
- Checking by inspection that infection control and aseptic procedures are being carried out in accordance with the hospital policy.
- Liaison between lab and ward staff, informing heads of department and giving advice on medical, nursing, domestic, catering and other grades of staff, Monitoring and surveillance of Bio-Medical Waste Management practices & protocols.
- Any other task assigned by the NS/ management.
- Any Graduate or Diploma in Nursing
- KNC Registration
- Immediate Joiners Preferred
- Positions – 1 (Male/Female)